Interested in using EDE to submit applications, upload documents, and report changes on HealthSherpa directly? Great! To have access to those features you’ll just need to go through a quick ID proofing step.
How to get EDE approved:
1. Integrate your CMS FFM Account and with your HealthSherpa for Agents account. EDE is not an option for agents who have not integrated their account. For full details on integrating your accounts, visit our FFM Account Integration FAQ.
2. When you log into your dashboard, you will see a “Enable EDE” button in the top - please click on this to begin the ID proofing process.
3. This will take you to a page to verify your identity - you will enter your contact information here and then click "Continue".
4. This will then pull up the ID proofing questions based on personal credit history through CMS' partner, Experian.
Please note: These questions are pulled from your personal information, so please answer with your own information (not information about your business)
5. Upon successful ID proofing, you will be taken back to your dashboard and the "Enable EDE" button in the top of your dashboard will be gone. You now have access to EDE!
What if I see the "Enable EDE' button reappear at a later date?
Once you have enabled EDE, if you ever notice the ‘Enable EDE’ button reappear, simply repeat these steps and enable EDE. EDE connectivity can be severed by a variety of things including:
loss of application permission (eg. permission was revoked or expired)
loss of FFM certification
loss of EDE connectivity (eg. through a CMS password expiration)
Questions? Please call our Agent Support team at 888-684-1373. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com