If your state did not expand Medicaid to cover adults and you otherwise would have been eligible for Medicaid due to your income, you are experiencing something called the Medicaid Gap and you have a few options:

  1. You may be able to file for an exemption which can protect you from the tax penalty for not having health insurance 

  2. You can find a health center in your area that offers no-cost or low-cost options. 

  3. You can enroll in a Marketplace / Obamacare health insurance plan at full price.

If you have any questions about your options, always feel free to reach out to us at 855-772-2663

Did this answer your question?