What is HealthSherpa?
HealthSherpa is an innovative healthcare technology company that specializes in Marketplace enrollment for agents . . . and it's completely free to use.
With HealthSherpa you get access to a cutting edge technology called
Enhanced Direct Enrollment - This new technology allows HealthSherpa to integrate with healthcare.gov to significantly improve the agent and client enrollment experience.
How does HealthSherpa compare to healthcare.gov and other platforms?
Agent assisted enrollments:
With Enhanced Direct Enrollment, agents using HealthSherpa are able to service existing clients and add new clients despite the shortened 45 day enrollment window.
- On average, agents using HealthSherpa complete an application in 8 minutes (vs 30 minutes for applications on healthcare.gov).
- HealthSherpa agents submit 40% more applications compare to agents using classic direct enrollment.
Self enrolling clients
With HealthSherpa, agents get their own website where clients can self enroll - when looking at the numbers, HealthSherpa really stands out:
- 2x as many clients complete a self enrollment when compared to other platforms that use healthcare.gov
- A self enrolling client takes around 15 minutes to complete an application on HealthSherpa vs 56 minutes when using healthcare.gov
Other interesting stats:
- 75% of HealthSherpa applications will be pre-filled
- With Enhanced Direct Enrollment effectuation rates increase from 65% to 85%
- For call centers using HealthSherpa, support call times were reduced by up to 75%
What features do I get with HealthSherpa?
With the HealthSherpa platform agents can help their clients with all of their Marketplace needs and without double redirects or 3-way calls to healthcare.gov
Do all of the following entirely on HealthSherpa:
- Shop and enroll for on-exchange products (during OEP & SEP)
- Seamlessly renew Marketplace coverage with pre-filled renewal applications
- Report life changes and update client information
- Track your client's real-time Marketplace status
You can also:
- Make your client's first premium payment
- Submit verification documents
- Download eligibility letters and 1095-A tax forms
You also get:
- Your own customized website
- Provider & drug search tools
- Granular analytics and reporting
. . . plus much more!
Agent account options:
HealthSherpa has two different account types:
1. Full Service ACA Enrollment Account
If you are a licensed agent (or agency) and also certified to sell Marketplace plans, you'll want to set up a Full Service ACA Enrollment Account.
With this account, agents can do all of the following :
- Enroll or renew clients
- Market to clients or prospects
- Report changes, make payments or upload documents
If you like videos, here is our new Getting Started Guide, which includes some helpful overview demos that will introduce you to this platform!
2. Refer only account
If you prefer not to write Marketplace plans, HealthSherpa can handle your healthcare.gov enrollments for you.
With this account, you will get a unique enrollment link and phone number to give to your clients that are interested in healthcare.gov plans. HealthSherpa will help your client shop and enroll for a plan.
For each client that enrolls using your phone number or link, HealthSherpa will pay you a referral bonus. Because HealthSherpa only writes ACA, you can continue selling other insurance products to these clients!
Watch this short video to learn more about HealthSherpa's refer only account.
Still unsure about using HealthSherpa or need help signing up?
You can call HealthSherpa at (844) 242-1036 to talk to a HealthSherpa account specialist.