- If an agent was logged into Healthcare.gov recently and doesn't log out of that session, then tries to log back in, the agent might not be able to log back in. The agent may see the following message: “Logout from marketplace to login as Agent”
- If you receive this messaging, we recommend that you clear your cache and cookies, close all open browsers, and attempt to access the marketplace from the agent dashboard again.
- If you have three consecutive unsuccessful login attempts to hc.gov, your account will be locked. To reset or unlock your account, you need to call the CMS helpdesk at 855-267-1515 or by going to protal.CMS.gov directly.
- CMS requires agents to change their password every 180 days. CMS will usually send the agent an email reminder prompting them to do so, otherwise this change can be made by visiting portal.cms.gov and logging in there.
- When the password has been changed, it is important that when you access the Marketplace from your HealthSherpa dashboard, that you type in your new password in the Healthcare.gov agent login screen. Often times, your browser will auto-fill your old password because you changed your password in a different screen, so make sure that the new one is typed in to prevent your account from locking.
- To change your CMS password or gain access to your locked account, you can call the CMS Helpdesk at 855-267-1515.