Please note: This feature is being tested with a small group of beta users. We’ll soon be launching it to everyone.
Tired of wondering about the status of your client’s Follow-up documents?
Wonder no more—with HealthSherpa, you’ll get an email whenever your clients’ Follow-up documents have a status change. You’ll never need to manually track and check Follow-ups again—we’ve got you covered!
Here’s an example of the email you’ll receive:
This will be most useful for notifying you when a document is required, when a document is approved, or if and when an uploaded document is deemed insufficient. This helps ensure your client doesn’t lose savings or coverage due to missing a Follow-up deadline.
How the emails work
For any of your applications that have EDE (Enhanced Direct Enrollment) enabled, we’ll send you an email when a Follow-up Documents status is updated.
These emails are sent once a day at 3:00am EST, and contain any status updates that occurred in the prior 24 hours.
Your clients do not receive these emails, only you do. Your clients receive a similar email from Healthcare.gov.
We get Follow-up data directly from the Marketplace through EDE – so whether you or your client upload a Follow-up Document on HealthCare.gov or HealthSherpa, you’ll still receive these emails in the same way.
What you’re notified of
These emails include notifications for all of the required Follow-ups that may occur:
All DMIs (Data Matching Issues)
- Verify income
- Verify citizenship
- Verify incarceration
- Verify immigration status
- Verify social security number
- Verify tribe membership
- Verify ineligibility for employer-sponsored coverage
- Verify ineligibility for non-employer sponsored coverage
All SVIs (SEP Verification Issues)
- Verify loss of coverage
- Verify relocation
- Verify marriage
- Verify adoption
- Verify Medicaid or CHIP denial
An email is sent if any of the above Follow-ups have a change to their status. Below is a list of all possible statuses.
- Documents required – This means a new document is required. This most often occurs right when you submit an application.
- Insufficient documents – This means that the document you uploaded was not sufficient, so you need to upload a new document.
- Resolved – This means that the document you uploaded was approved.
- Deadline passed – This means the deadline to submit a document has passed.
- Obsolete – This means the document is no longer required.
Viewing additional details
You can view the full details about any Follow-up status (and much more) in the Marketplace Notices section of a Client Profile.
How to turn these emails on & off
Navigate to your Settings page, scroll down, and you’ll see a toggle to turn these emails on or off.
If you have any feedback on this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org.