With two-factor authentication, you add an extra layer of security to your account. After you set it up, you’ll sign in to your account in two steps using:
- Something you know (your password)
- Something you have (like your phone)
How to set it up:
- Go to the settings page of your logged in agent dashboard and locate Two factor authentication underneath the login details
- Click on ‘Enable two-factor’
- Decide whether you’d like to use an authenticator app or SMS.
If using an authenticator app
- Download google authenticator to your mobile device
- Set up instructions according to the app and then scan the QR code from your screen
- Enable 2 factor auth. Get a code from your Authenticator app. Scroll down to the Verify section. Enter your password along with the code and click “Enable 2 factor auth”
If using SMS
- Enter your mobile phone number into the field under Text message
- Click on ‘Update phone' to recieve your 6 digit auth code
- Enable 2 factor auth. Get the code from your text messages. Enter your password along with the code and click 'Enable 2 factor auth'
- If your code is correct, you'll see a confirmation.
Note: You can use any authenticator app. Popular options include Authy, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator. These apps mostly follow the same procedure when adding a new account: you scan a QR code associated with your account, and it is saved in the app.
How it works:
When you log in to a service, you use your mobile phone to verify your identity by either clicking on a texted / emailed link or typing in a number sent by an authenticator app.