HealthSherpa has completed it’s full technology upgrade with CMS!
This means that ALL Marketplace applications can be completed through HealthSherpa without being redirected to healthcare.gov. This is includes the below complex cases that were not previously supported.
Here are a list of some complex cases that no longer need to be redirected to Healthcare.gov:
- American Indian and Alaskan Natives
- Applicants with no home address, living separately or living at home address that is in a different state than where they are applying for coverage
- Applicants who are not planning to file a tax return or married applicants who are not filing a joint tax return
- Applicants responsible for a child 18 or younger who lives with them but is not included on tax return
- Applicants who are offered coverage through their job, someone else’s job, or COBRA
- Applicants with dependent children who are over 25 or who are married
- Applicants with dependent children living with a parent not on their tax return applying for coverage
- Applications where dependents that are applying are not being claimed on taxes.
In the event you prefer to use the double redirect enrollment experience, this option will still be available to you through the "Search Marketplace" and "Start Application" links at the top of your HealthSherpa dashboard.