HealthSherpa now allows you to add on-exchange stand-alone dental policies!
You can add a dental plan while you're shopping for a health plan, or later—as long as your client is still within the enrollment window.
Here's how to add a dental policy:
1) Click Quote
2) Choose a health plan
3) Choose a dental plan
4) Start Application
What else do I need to know about dental?
- You must have a Marketplace health plan to add a stand alone on-exchange dental plan.
- HealthSherpa displays dental plans that are available for adults + children. We do not yet offer child-only dental plans.
- The payment rules & deadlines are the same as health—make your first payment by the end of the month after your effective date.
- You can add or change a dental plan as long as a client is still in their enrollment window
- Make sure to check the Summary of Benefits for limits and exclusions - for example Marketplace dental coverage plan is not required to cover pre-existing conditions (you can access SOB by clicking on the Plan Details button).